The Hellenic Association of Mobile Application Companies (HAMAC), is a non-profit organization comprised of high-tech companies whose business activities include the development of added value mobile applications, the provision of added value services for telecommunication providers, the provision of innovative communication, content and application services.
The Association represents a vibrant sector of more than 80 companies participating, which comprise approx. 90% of the total domestic turnover of mobile industry, provide employment to more than 4.000 people, including one thousand professionals of the highest academic education. Additionally, the members of the association collect more than 400M€ turnover and have presence in more than 40 countries. Some of these companies are already expanded and distinguished as worldwide leaders in the mobile services market, provide services to the largest telecom operators globally, are listed on Stock Markets of London LSE/AIM and achieve substantial growth both in national and international level.
The objectives of the association are:
- The development of a spirit of cooperation between its members and the promotion of mutual collaboration
- The promotion of the companies of the sector, through specific actions and the contribution towards innovation, extroversion and international development
- The submission of business plans and proposals to government authorities, so as to achieve the gradual development of its members
- The preparation of training courses with the aim to improve the administrative and technical skills of its members
- The monitoring of scientific, technical, financial and educational developments in the mobile field and the provision of information to its members
- The promotion and protection of the interests of its members, the support and coordination of activities towards this purpose
- The representation of the sector at local, regional, and international level, as well as its representation in local and international events